Family Law Attorney Plano Texas
Family Law Attorney Plano TX
If you?re in need of a family law attorney, have confidence in the Scroggins Law Group team. We understand how difficult situations involving loved ones can be, so we offer compassionate services while aggressively pursuing all the rights you are entitled to under the law. Legal matters involving divorce, child custody, or other family issues can be stressful and emotional. In many family law cases, the matters at hand are life-altering events which can lead to child custody changing or financial positions shifting. Making sure you have a trustworthy legal team on your side can make a huge difference in your wellbeing, as well as the results of the case.
Every experienced Plano family law attorney with the Scroggins Law Group team strives to help his clients and their families obtain the best outcomes possible. Some of the legal services we provide include:
Divorce and Division of the Marital Estate
Even the most amicable divorce can quickly change into a confrontational and emotionally taxing situation.? All too often, what was agreed upon before becomes a contested subject where neither spouse can agree on anything. Mark L. Scroggins, the family law attorney Plano TX community members depend on, is here to listen to your individual situation and help you obtain the best possible results you can obtain in your divorce.
When a marriage is ending, there are many issues that need to be addressed. Questions regarding the legal division of the marital estate often arise. The expert legal team at Scroggins Family Law will be able to effectively represent you and clearly define related legal issues such as:
- Community Property vs. Separate Property
This distinction has to be clearly characterized before the court can divide the estate. The court cannot divide the opposing party?s separate property, only the community property.
- The division of assets like bank accounts, retirement funds, pensions, stocks, real estate, intellectual property, etc. will be divided based on their characterization. The experienced and compassionate professionals at Scroggins Law Group will navigate you through this process every step of the way.
- How will marital debt be divided?
If property is purchased on credit during the marriage, it is community property, unless there is an agreement between spouses stating otherwise. The community property presumption applies not only to assets but to liabilities. If you or the other party have debt or liabilities before you are married, those are separate property liabilities, which cannot be divided by the court.
Child Custody and Child Support
In child custody matters, the conservator or conservators are typically the parents of the child. A conservator can make decisions regarding the children such as the primary residence of the child, where the child goes to school and whether they need an invasive medical or dental procedure.?? In Texas, it is presumed that the parents should be named Joint Managing Conservators and share in certain child rearing decisions. Mark Scroggins, the compassionate family law attorney Plano TX parents trust and rely on at Scroggins Law Group helps his clients obtain court order that address the division of parenting time and parental responsibilities. In making such determinations, the Court will look to satisfy the best interests of the child.
Texas courts are concerned with the best interest of the child and should always give that primary consideration when determining issues of conservatorship and possession and access of the child. Allegations of domestic violence, child abuse or child neglect are closely scrutinized by the court when it considers appointing a sole or joint managing conservator and whether one or both parents shall be given decision making ability regarding the children.
When child support matters are being addressed, there are numerous calculations and multiple factors reviewed to determine the correct amount paid by the court determined obligor. These issues require the experience, knowledge, expertise and of an understanding family law attorney.
Other Family Law Services
In addition to divorce, child custody, and child support matters, the legal team from Scroggins Law Group can also help clients with the following family law issues:
- Paternity (establishment or denial)
- Termination of parental rights
- Domestic violence issues and protective orders
- temporary restraining orders
- Modification of existing orders
Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney
If you are dealing with a divorce or child custody matter, it is definitely in your best interest to work with a family law attorney Plano TX residents trust. An attorney with years of courtroom experience, that has cultivated relationships within the local legal community. It is the job of a qualified lawyer to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. Let?s take a look at some of the benefits of working with a family lawyer:
- A lawyer offers objectivity: Going through a divorce is stressful and may cause you to think unclearly. This can cause you to make the wrong decisions. One of the compassionate family law attorneys in Plano TX from Scroggins Law Group will be able to step in and offer the objectivity needed in these emotionally charged times. There are multiple situations in divorce proceedings that require finesse and can only be achieved with experience. He or she may help prevent you from making rash decisions, such as accepting an unfair settlement offer or taking other actions which could possibly jeopardize or hurt your case in court.
- A lawyer will help you in the matters regarding child support: Whether you are owed child support, or you are paying child support, a family law attorney Plano TX clients respect can ensure you are paid a fair amount, or make sure that you do not overpay.
- A lawyer has negotiating skills: the skilled family attorneys from Scroggins Law Group? have decades of experience negotiating family law matters. They know the issues and can assist you in obtaining the most favorable outcome possible. If the opposing attorney is uncooperative, having an experienced, board certified attorney on your side in court is one of the best decisions you can make for you and your family.
- A lawyer will be able to assist you with the paperwork: It is an understatement to say ?there is a lot of paperwork? involved in a divorce. The documents may include terminology with which you are not familiar. If you work with a family law attorney Plano TX residents rely on from Scroggins Law Group, you will have a team of legal professionals that can assist you in the drafting and filing of court documents.
- A lawyer has court experience: If your case goes to trial, it is extremely beneficial to have a Plano family law attorney with courtroom experience and familiarity to that specific court and judge. Having a skilled, well respected lawyer on your side can give you more confidence when walking into the courtroom.
Contact The Family Law Attorney Plano TX Clients Trust
If you are dealing with divorce, child custody, or any other family law issue, you need the services of a family law attorney in Plano TX. We are available to meet with you to discuss your unique family situation and help you determine your best legal options.
Scroggins Law Group?is here to help you. Call our family law attorney Plano TX office at 469-626-5220 for a consultation.