Mark L. Scroggins
BOARD CERTIFIED IN FAMILY LAW
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1994
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the list of Texas Super Lawyers by Thompson Reuters, 2014 – 2021
- Selected as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel in 2015 and 2016
- Rated 10 Best by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys™ in 2015 and 2016
- Top Lawyers For Women in Texas, Vogue Magazine 2003
- The Law of the Lawyer – Parenting Part Deux, The Practical Lawyer, 2013
- Helping a Family Law Client Achieve Their Goals, Strategies for Family Law in Texas (Inside the Minds) 2013
- Parenting Part Deux, Dallas Morning News, 2012
- Grandparents Rights in Texas, Jewish Community Center, 2013
- Expert Witnesses, Expert Witnessing, 2009
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, State Bar College
Mark L. Scroggins is an aggressive and experienced trial attorney with a sound understanding of business matters that serves him well in family law. An accomplished speaker and author, Mr. Scroggins has practiced family law throughout the state of Texas for 25 years. He has written about family law matters for Texas Lawyer and has spoken about litigation technology before numerous organizations and corporate clients. Mr. Scroggins has a unique background in cutting-edge litigation technology, which is utilized by the entire Firm to increase the benefit to its litigation clients.
Named by Vogue Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers for Women in the state of Texas, Mr. Scroggins also represents a large number of male clients in his family law practice. Mr. Scroggins has built a strong reputation among executives, professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs for his hard-nosed, aggressive style, as well as his prowess in family law and business litigation matters.
Most often, Mr. Scroggins is involved in contentious or high-stakes family law litigation where child custody or complex property issues are involved. His vast experience in these areas proves especially helpful to his high net worth and business owner clients. He enjoys the challenge of helping his clients fight ruthless or unruly opponents, while assisting in accomplishing their goals.
Mr. Scroggins is an active member of the Family Law section of the State Bar of Texas, Collin County Bar Association, Denton County Bar Association and Dallas Bar Association.