If you are going through a child custody battle, you may want to consult with a child custody lawyer Collin County TX residents trust. It can be a complicated process and you don’t want to go through that on your own. At Scroggins Law Group, we can guide you through this emotional ordeal and make sure your rights are protected. With a skilled lawyer by your side, you can have peace of mind.
How Child Custody Decisions Are Made
As a child custody lawyer in Collin County TX can attest, judges consider many different factors when deciding child custody cases, such as:
• Each parent’s living situation: In many cases, a judge may award custody to the parent who stays in the family home because it provides stability. The child can stay at the same school and be around familiar surroundings.
• Child’s preference: If a child is older than 12, a judge may consider that child’s preference of who he or she wants to live with.
• Age of children: A judge may also take a child’s age into account, as a child custody lawyer Collin County TX clients respect can confirm. In general, if a child is very young, the judge may award custody to the mother because she is nurturing.
• Each parent’s relationship with the child: When making a custody decision, a judge may also look at each parent’s relationship with the child before the divorce. If one parent was not very involved in the child’s life before, it is unlikely that a judge will give that parent custody.
• Abuse: If there is proof that a parent abused a child, a judge may likely limit that parent’s involvement.
Types of Child Custody Arrangements
The goal of custody arrangements is to find a safe and schedule for the children to allow them to grow up in the best environment they can. Custody arrangements can be settled in numerous different ways as seen fit by the judge.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Custody Lawyer
During a child custody battle, it may be in your best interest to work with a child custody lawyer Collin County TX residents count on. Here are some of the benefits you may receive from hiring legal representation:
• Familiarity with family law: An experienced Collin County child custody lawyer has handled many child custody cases in the past and is prepared to tackle any issues that arise.
• Reduced stress: Going through a child custody battle can be very time-consuming and stressful. If you hire a child custody lawyer, he or she can do all of the legwork so that you can relax and take care of yourself.
• Confidence in the courtroom: If you have to go to court, a child custody lawyer Collin County TX residents depend on may know how to present your case effectively to the judge. He or she may use evidence to show the judge why you should be granted custody.
• Communicate with ex-spouse: If you and your ex-spouse are angry with each other, communicating during a child custody battle can be challenging. If you have a child custody lawyer by your side, he or she can speak to your ex-spouse on your behalf.
Custody battles can be tedious and lengthy. Allow a child custody lawyer Collin County TX believes in to help bring you peace of mind while fighting for your goals. The law surrounding child custody is very intricate and it is important for you to have a full understanding of your legal rights. No child’s custody should be left in the hands of an inexperienced lawyer. A Collin County child custody lawyer may have years of practice and experience and will passionately fight for you. Do not wait to retain legal representation. If you are searching for a child custody lawyer Collin County TX offers, contact Scroggins Law Group at 469-626-5220.
Family Law ResourcesChild Custody Lawyer Frisco, TX | Divorce Lawyer Frisco, TX | Family Lawyer Frisco, TX | Child Custody Attorney Collin County TX | Child Custody Lawyer Collin County TX | Child Custody Lawyers Plano TX | Child Custody Modification Lawyer Frisco, TX | Divorce Attorney Collin County TX | Divorce Law Firm Plano TX | Divorce Lawyer Collin County TX | Divorce Lawyers Collin County TX | Family Attorney Collin County TX | Family Law Attorney Plano TX | Family Lawyer Collin County TX | Spousal Support Attorney Collin County TX | Child Custody Modification Lawyer Denton County, TX | Frisco Texas Family Law Attorney | Resources