Available by Phone 24/7
Available by Phone 24/7

Child Custody Modification Steps

While it would be great if separated parents were able to agree on everything regarding their child, this isn?t always the case. Just as in any relationship, disputes arise. Some disputes are larger than others.

Child custody is a divisive topic. Most separated parents think they are the better parent for their child. This can be detrimental not only to the other parent but also, more importantly, to the child. Your child deserves to have both parents in their life. Unless there is a genuine reason why one parent is unfit, the best interests of your child dictates that both parents be involved your child’s life.

My ex-spouse is refusing to let me see my child. What can I do?

If there is already a child custody order in place and your ex-spouse is not adhering to that order, the court needs to know. The court is an objective third party that cares for the best interests of the child. The court does not use emotion to determine which parent is better fit or deserve to spend more time with your child.

The best course of action here is to contact an attorney to represent you in a child custody modification case who has worked with many clients just like you whose relationship with their child has been strained because of the willful acts of their ex-spouse. Your child deserves to have you in their life and if your ex-spouse is refusing to adhere to the court order, we can help you.

How does the child custody modification process work?

When you meet with us to discuss your personal situation, we take care to listen to your needs. We know this is a stressful and emotional time for you and we want you to focus on your child while we focus on the legal work. We will take your claim seriously and we will fight to protect your rights.

When we first meet, we make sure we have a full understanding of your goals. We can then lay out a path for modifying or enforcing your child custody arrangement. Your child deserves to spend time with you and your deserve time with your child. If your ex-spouse is hindering that, we can help.

How long does the process take?

This process can take a few months to over a year. That’s why it’s so important that we get started today. The more time you take before you meet with us just serves to further delay the child custody modification order that will help you spend more time with your child.

Do I really need a lawyer?

Yes. Child custody law is a complex and time consuming area of law. It will benefit you to have a child custody lawyer Collin County, TX trusts at Scroggins Law Group on your side who has helped other clients like you modify their child custody arrangements.

Scroll to Top